The Rooksdown Practice
The Rooksdown doctors' surgery in Basingstoke provides the highest quality healthcare to patients in the area. Our doctors, nurses and all our other staff are dedicated to offering a professional service and this surgery website will help us to keep all our patients up to date with news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
The GPs have requested that as we approach the Festive Period that you request all prescriptions early so that they can process this for you to ensure that you have the medication that you need through to the New Year.
Flu season is still with us
Flu vaccinations are now available for those in the following categories
Children aged 2-4, Pregnant Women, Anyone living with a long term medical condition, Everyone aged 65 and over, People with caring responsibilities
Please ring reception to book an appointment.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE - Very restricted parking at Rooksdown**
28th July - Late Spring 2017
We are delighted to announce that Rooksdown will be building a brand new £2.7 million medical facility, scheduled to open in late Spring 2017.
The new facility will be situated on the Park Prewett Site. This was used as the Practice car park.
During the construction period there will be NO parking available to patients and visitors to the practice (except for two disabled parking bays - only available for those with blue badges)
We strongly recommend that all patients and visitors consider using local transport or other travel methods to visit.
Parking is very limited in the streets near the practice.Please park considerately, and be aware of all parking restrictions.
We apologise for any inconvenience
The Staff, Rooksdown Medical Centre
The surgery is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6.00pm.
Access for the Disabled
The practice has access for wheelchair users. Disabled toilet facilities are available.
The Surgery has access to an interpreting service.
Named accountable GP
All patients have a named accountable GP at this practice, if you require further details please ask at reception.
Your GP Cares (Item from the BMA)
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging.
The burning issues are:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone’s needs.
- Practices are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
Visit us on Facebook
The Rooksdown practice Patient Charter
The NHS Constitution
Please see link below to details of the NHS constitution.
******PLEASE SEE THE PATIENT GROUP TAB TO FIND DETAILS ON HOW YOU CAN JOIN!!!*******
The Friends and Family Test
The Rooksdown Surgery are now offering patients the opportunity to complete a small patient survey, The Friends and Family Test.
To complete this survey, please click on the "icon" below.
Statement of intent for detailed access to records online
Plan to Meet GMS 2015-16 Contractual Requirement for Patient Online Services
This practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print detailed coded information held in their own records from Monday 21st March 2016. The Practice has a strict policy in place for the granting of such access requests.
These dates are subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice.
This practice currently offers the facility for patients:
• to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
• to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
• to view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient
We publicise and promote our online services to our practice’s patients through the practice website, practice waiting room l posters and the PPG Online Forum.
If you wish to express your interest in this service, you will need to contact the surgery on 01256 399710.
The surgery will then provide you with a form detailing your "Registration details". You will need to collect this form from the Reception desk at the surgery (this cannot be posted to you). We will also require to see photo ID and proof of address, for example a utility bill or similar at the time of collection.
You can "Register" and "Log" into Patient Access by clicking on the icon below.
(Site updated 29/11/2016)