The Rooksdown Practice
The Rooksdown doctors' surgery in Basingstoke provides the highest quality healthcare to patients in the area. Our doctors, nurses and all our other staff are dedicated to offering a professional service and this surgery website will help us to keep all our patients up to date with news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
***** PLEASE NOTE THE AVENUE/PARK PREWETT ROAD reconstruction work starts on 01/12/14 this road will be closed for 17weeks. Please see details below.****
Draft poster_ .pdf road Closure.pdf
Notice on road closure form 1st December 2014 for 17 weeks at The Avenue (3).docx
The surgery is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6.00pm.
Access for the Disabled
The practice has access for wheelchair users. Disabled toilet facilities are available.
The Surgery has access to an interpreting service.
Your GP Cares (Item from the BMA)
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging.
The burning issues are:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone’s needs.
- Practices are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
Please "click" on the link below to watch the GP Cares video:
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK
Visit us on Facebook
The Rooksdown practice Patient Charter
The NHS Constitution
Please see link below to details of the NHS constitution.
******PLEASE SEE THE PATIENT GROUP TAB TO READ OUR PRACTICE ANNUAL REPORT 2013/2014 AND DETAILS ON HOW YOU CAN JOIN!!!*******
The Friends and Family Test
The Rooksdown Surgery are now offering patients the opportunity to complete a small patient survey, The Friends and Family Test.
To complete this survey, please click on the "icon" below.
Introducing Patient Access
The Rooksdown Surgery are pleased to offer patients the opportunity to have online access to a summary view of their medical record including - Summary, Medications, Immunisations and Allergies.
If you wish to express your interest in this service, you will need to contact the surgery on 01256 399710.
The surgery will then provide you with a form detailing your "Registration details". You will need to collect this form from the Reception desk at the surgery (this cannot be posted to you). We will also require to see photo ID and proof of address, for example a utility bill or similar at the time of collection.
Before you can use your "Patient Access" account, you will need to register the account by providing some personal information, including name, date of birh and choosing a password. Full details on how to do this will be explained on the form, mentioned above.
You can "Register" and "Log" into Patient Access by clicking on the icon below.
(Site updated 01/07/2015)