The Rooksdown practice
The Rooksdown doctors' surgery in Basingstoke provides the highest quality healthcare to patients in the area. Our doctors, nurses and all our other staff are dedicated to offering a professional service and this surgery website will help us to keep all our patients up to date with news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
The surgery is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6.00pm.
Access for the Disabled
The practice has access for wheelchair users. Disabled toilet facilities are available.
The Surgery has access to an interpreting service.
Your GP Cares (Item from the BMA)
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging.
The burning issues are:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone’s needs.
- Practices are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
Please "click" on the link below to watch the GP Cares video:
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK
Visit us on Facebook
The Rooksdown practice Patient Charter
The NHS Constitution
Please see link below to details of the NHS constitution.
******PLEASE SEE THE PATIENT GROUP TAB TO READ OUR PRACTICE ANNUAL REPORT 2013/2014 AND DETAILS ON HOW YOU CAN JOIN!!!*******
(Site updated 13/06/2014)